How to sell your house by Owner in Fort Worth TX and you are asking yourself where to start! You came to the right place! Here are some tips and ideas on how to do so.
- First Learn About The Fort Worth TX Real Estate Market
The first and most important step to sell your house is doing a market research on your neighborhood in the Fort Worth TX area. This step involves: visiting various home marketing sites (Zillow, Eppraisal, the Chase home value estimator, etc), and reading about the various market pricing techniques.
2. Assess the Neighborhood and your House
Your Neighborhood: This step is about doing market research to find comparative information within your neighborhood (0.25 to 0.5 miles usually) and with similar houses. Are there lots of houses for sale in your neighborhood here in Fort Worth TX? If so, what is the average that they are listing for? Are there lots of foreclosures in your neighborhood? That may drag your house price down.
Your House: As a seller, your house should be in top condition or shape in order to sell at a good price. Identify certain unique characteristics about it and emphasize them during the marketing. For example, a house with a drive way parking may be more attractive to buyers compared with one with a garage parking.
Home Repairs/Updates: Also, does your house require repairs? Does it need to be repainted inside or out? How is the condition of the roof? Is the landscaping in good shape? Is the house outdated at all? (you know, those popcorn ceilings ;-). Are there foundation issues (we do live in Texas afterall). How about the HVAC, is it old? All of these things can make the house more or less attractive… which changes the price buyers are willing to pay.
Price: After all of this… come up with an asking price for your Fort Worth TX home that is fair… that isn’t so high it’ll take you 12 months to sell the house… but is attractive so you get a frenzy of buyers who are ready to buy it quickly.
3. Use Photos
Fort Worth TX buyers are obsessed with media. So take some great pictures. Take a picture of every room in the house that helps show it off. Take a picture of the house from the outside in a few different angles, front and back yard photos too… people want to see the house before they ever show up to see it. But don’t mislead…if the photos look too good compared to reality, buyers will be disappointed when they walk in your house, no matter how nice it is. Having great pictures of your house online could be the difference between getting the right buyer quickly… and waiting months and months to sell.
4. Get Your House Visible around your neighborhood and Fort Worth TX area
Place ads in the local newspaper, online, put signs on the roads, and hold an open house. Spread the word at work, at home and among friends and relatives.
Does all of this sound like a lot of work to sell your house fast yourself?
It can be.
And in the end, many Fort Worth TX house sellers think they’re saving money and time by marketing the house themselves… when in the end it costs them more money to go that route.
If you don’t want to hassle with trying to come up with a home value yourself… give us a call at (972) 737-7571 and we’ll give you an honest fair valuation of what your house is worth on the retail market (if you’re going to wait the 3-6+ months to find the perfect retail buyer). And if you want to… we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer on your house to give you that option of selling quickly (we can close in as little as 7 days if you want to).
When you sell your own house here are some things you need to consider…
- If you’re not a good marketer or aren’t ready to spend a bunch of time marketing and showing your house right… selling it yourself may not be your best bet.
- If you don’t do a good job preparing the house and the marketing materials… and working with buyers to really build the value of your house in their minds… you may actually sell the house for 3-8% less than you may get for the same house an experienced person marketed the house for you.
- Too many sellers never think about holding costs or opportunity costs… every month that your house doesn’t sell means another mortgage payment, tax payment, insurance, utilities, etc. If your mortgage payment is $1,500/mo… and $1,300 of that is interest… if it takes you 7 months to sell your house… that cost you an extra $9,100 (not to mention taxes and insurance you paid during that time). So, if you were able to sell that house more quickly… would it make sense for you to provide a buyer a discounted price today so you can close quickly and move on? Something to think about.
If you’d rather not put up the hassle of trying to sell your Fort Worth TX house yourself… and would rather just sell it quickly for a fair price without paying any commissions or fees…
… here at Freedom Home Investors we actually buy local Fort Worth TX houses.
We’d love to make you a fair, NO OBLIGATION and NO HASSLE cash offer on your house.
We can close quickly (in as little as 7 days if you wanted to)… which would save you thousands of dollars vs. trying to sell the house yourself and waiting for months.
If you want to see what we can pay for your house, give us a call today at (972) 737-7571 or just fill out the quick simple form through the link below.
Have questions? Please don’t hesitate to call. We love our customers!